My name is Jen...Jen the Babywearer to some! What is a babywearer? A babywearer is simply someone who wears their children in a carrier! Some wear for long amounts of time during the day to promote bonding. Others when taking a walk or going shopping, and still more to enable themselves to vacuum or work around the home!
I have been babywearing for 9 years. I have three children, 9, 5, and 3. Thanks to babywearing I have been able to care for my children when they were tiny, cook dinner, get groceries, even breastfeed unobtrusively, while going about my daily life. Babywearing has been a fantastic tool to calm my children, keep them out of harms way, and to hold them without tiring my arms out! My children have learned so much by being held close on my back, watching me go through my days.
I have become such an advocate of babywearing that I now teach others how to wear their children in a safe and comfortable manner. I believe that every parent should have the tool of babywearing in their bag of tricks.
Babywearing in actually not a new idea! It is centuries old, and practiced in many countries around the world. As more and more parents are finding the benefits of babywearing and easily incorporating it into their lives, it is gaining in popularity in the Western world.
There are many different type of carriers out there, from pouches, wraps, and mei tais, to the more popular ring slings and soft structured carriers. I have tried every kind I can get my hands on and own many myself. I love sharing my collection with other parents and helping you find the perfect carrier for you and your child. Please don't miss the chance to find the babywearing joy!
No comments:
Post a Comment